Recently I published a Sitecore tool (idea was old but did not get time to work on itJ) to add a version and copy the field content from the source language to the selected destination language(s).
This tool does the following tasks.
- It adds a new version to the selected destination language(s) version.
- It copies the content from the source language (context item) to all selected destination language(s).
- It has the option of including the child items as well.
There is a package which you can downloadfrom the Sitecore marketplace. You can use Sitecore inbuilt installation wizard to install the package. The package includes an assembly, XML control and a config file.
How to use:
- Once installed, you will have a menu item in the content tree.
- On selecting this menu, a window will open with all the available options. Source language is from the context language. If the source language is different from the default language, please change it and select the menu.
- An alert window will show you the message on the completion of the process.
Smart Tools-2 will be published soon. 😉
- Version 2.0 has been released in Marketplace.
- It supports Sitecore 7.0+ and SXP 8.
- In SXP 8 , you may need to disable the analytics and install the package.
- Version 3.0 has been released in Marketplace. You can download it here.
- It supports Sitecore 8.1 with shared layout.